- Visualization. What it is, why you should do it. How/why does it work. How to get started.
- Process versus outcomes. I did a short piece on process goals not too long ago. This one will be more in depth and provide some real examples to use on a daily basis.
- Mantras. What are they, why do they work, and how to implement them.
- Self belief – Believing that you can do something is vital to your success as an athlete.
- Trusting your training – Trust is the foundation of any coaching relationship. I will also explain why trusting your training (whatever the source) is a key to unleashing greater performance.
- Team mates – Community is a big part of running and getting some people to challenge and challenge you is a great way to build mental toughness.
- Running by feel – I have talked about this before and this is something that I continue to work on myself. The more research I do the more I realize that this practice, seemingly physical, actually helps to improve your mental abilities as well.
Enjoy the Run